LEAD DEVELOPER (JAVA/WEB/C#.NET)
Scott Logic builds large-scale, bespoke, business-critical systems for some of the world’s most high-profile organisations.
The business is expanding and we’re in need of people to play a central role on client project teams, overseeing all aspects of software delivery to deliver beyond expectations.
You’ll be a hands on leader with a demonstrable passion for technology, and a ‘key contact’ for specific client projects such as mobile graphical research analysis tools or distributed real-time services.
You’ll have the freedom to use your own experience, professional approach and leadership style to focus on many aspects of a project, including emerging technology trends and development.
You’ll be surrounded by smart, highly-capable people in a collaborative environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and experience.
You’ll be as passionate as we are about doing software engineering right, and ultimately delivering great solutions to our clients.
We follow an Agile approach with solid development practices, using a wide range of modern technologies depending on the requirements of each project, including C#, Java, Scala, Node, Angular and React.
This is a technical role which will also involve mentoring and nurturing talent within the organisation through formal continuing professional development activities, as well as informal study groups.
Be it writing code, managing a client project or mentoring a colleague, you’ll lead by example in everything you do.
You should have:
- A relevant university degree
- Strong commercial experience with enterprise-level systems
- Strong technical expertise in one or more of Java, C# .NET or HTML5 development
- Good technical design skills including, where appropriate, OO design principles and design patterns
- Experience of the full software development lifecycle and Agile/Scrum methodology
- The ability to adapt and learn new technologies on the job
- Experience of leading teams or managing client projects
For an informal chat about this position or any other opportunity, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.