Head of Legal
Head of Legal - Online Gaming - South of England - Salary excellent competitive plus excellent bonus and company benefits package - EU Applications only may apply
SRGEurope is instructed to recruit for a qualified Head of Legal to lead the Legal Affairs team of a dynamic Online Company based in UK but with an International presence.
The Head of Legal will have extensive PQE gained in a UK law firm as well as in-house and preferably within the gaming and gambling sector or a similarly highly regulated online commercial industry.
The Head of Legal will be responsible for providing expert and strategic legal advice to senior management, leading and developing the legal function and managing all multi-jurisdictional legal matters across the organisation including all commercial, IP, competition, technology, data protection, employment, corporate, regulatory and risk matters.
Head of Legal responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Reporting to the CFO/Deputy CEO, you will provide expert and strategic legal advice to the senior management team.
Whilst ensuring that all business activities are conducted in conformity with all applicable laws, regulations and internal policies and procedures, you will bring additional insights to strategic decisions and drive commercial value.
- You will lead, manage and develop the Legal department, which comprises a Senior Legal Advisor and Corporate Legal Advisor.
You will provide expert and tactical advice and direction, act as a “sounding board” and review work progress and team effectiveness.
You will develop your team through mentoring, coaching and training and establish a culture of learning, business partnering and excellence.
- You will assume a key business-facing role, creating and fostering strong relationships across the organisation, including with the Marketing, Finance and HR departments.
You will provide business-focussed advice on both general and complex legal matters, taking a flexible approach as appropriate and acting promptly as required to mitigate risks.
- Working with the Compliance department, you will evaluate, mitigate and advise on regulatory compliance and risks.
Head of Legal Profile:
- Extensive PQE gained in a UK law firm as well as in-house, preferably within the gaming and gambling sector or a similarly highly regulated online commercial industry.
- Management, mentoring and training experience.
- Ability to influence and quickly build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex information and explain it to staff in a straightforward way.
- Excellent prioritising skills, with the ability to work under pressure.
- Proactive and results-driven approach.
- Integrity and accountability.
- Excellent communication skills in English (native level).
- Second language preferable (ideally Spanish or Italian).
Our client has grown into a successful and diverse operation, providing support services for online betting and gaming websites.
Due to their continued success and expansion in the UK and abroad, our client are always on the lookout for enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated people who want to begin or continue their career in the online gaming industry.
In return our client offers a diverse and exciting working environment and comprehensive training and support that actively encourages our people to develop and work up the organizational structure.
In addition, an excellent benefit package is on offer that rewards our employees for their loyalty and hard work.
If you are seeking an exciting challenge in your Legal career within a commercially fast paced environment then please send your CV without delay as the client is interviewing.
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Japanese Country Manager
- Web Developer
- CRM Manager
- VIP Account Manager (German)
- Audit Senior
- Accounts and Audit Senior (Qualified)
- Auditor Senior - Accountancy
- Real-Time Content Executive
- Head of CRM (Sports)
- Senior Analog IC Design Engineer
- Senior Analog Layout Designer
- Account Manager (B2B)
- VIP Account Manager (German)
- UX Researcher
- Senior Analyst - CRM
- Marketing Communications Executive (German Speaker)
- Sales Consultant
- .NET Developer
- Senior Developer/Technical Lead - FS Technology