Systems Administrator - Infrastructure Engineer - Linux
System Administration - Infrastructure Engineer - Immediate Start - Linux - VMware - Croydon - 6 Month Contract + Potential to Extend - £400 per Day.
Must hold security Clearance.
Systems Administrator - Infrastructure Engineer will be joining a team who are responsible for all aspects of the physical infrastructure of the system and will be based in Croydon, but some occasional travel to other sites will be required.
This is a hands-on role which will require physical server management and handling, networking, administrative and user support capabilities.
The Systems Administrator will be involved in the implementation of security controls and will therefore need to have previously been exposed to tools which will be used such as monitoring, encryption, firewalls, security zones, virus scanning and role based access techniques and patching.
Key Skills and experience required:
- Good puppet and bash scripting skills with working knowledge of GIT.
- Physical infrastructure (rack mounted) experience is paramount, including rack mounted servers, storage, switches, firewalls, patching and other datacentre related skills.
- Linux (Ubuntu desktop and server, Centos, RHEL).
It is absolutely essential to be deeply familiar with Linux as it is at the core of the role.
- Past experience with virtualisation is essential (VMWare, ESX, KVM)
Nice to have:
- Windows server: Some experience of windows server administration is desirable but not essential
- Networking: A working knowledge of networking is required.
Some hands on experience with switches and firewalls would be beneficial
- Other tools and skills with which familiarity is essential: NTP, DNS, package managers (yum, apt), patching, IPTables, routing, LVM, LDAP, log aggregation, monitoring, other common Linux open source tools
Due to the nature of my clients business the systems Administrator must hold a current SC clearance and NPPV3 clearance also be prepared to go through a vetting process.
The 6 month contract is based in Croydon, Surrey and my client is looking to reward this Systems Administrator - Infrastructure Engineer a day rate of £400 per day.
The working hours for this Systems Administration is 08:00 to 16:00.
If you are an experienced Systems Administrator who is immediately available and has SC Clearance and is looking for your next assignment then please forward you CV ASAP!
Reflex, established since 1990, is a successful independent IT Recruitment Consultancy.
We are a proud member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and we strongly believe in ethical recruitment building long term relationships with both clients and candidates.
We are ideally qualified to offer clients the best possible solution in fulfilling their computer personnel requirements; within the Surrey and Sussex locations.
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 6 Months
- Rate: £400.00 per day
- Type: Contract selected
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
- Tel: 01737 778282
- Fax: 01737 778950
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2017-05-19 08:41:32 -
- View all Jobs from Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
- 2nd Line Support Engineer - Broadsoft - Hosted Telephone - SIP
- Web Developer - Front End - Websites - XML - XSLT
- Infrastructure Architect
- Senior Quality Engineer
- 1st Line Support Engineer - Desk Based - Telecoms - PBX
- Manufacturing Engineer - Fibre Optics
- Senior T24 Developer
- Senior Java Developer - Spring - Agile - Web - JBoss - Git
- Technical Account Manager - Project Management - Agency
- Field Sales Consultant - IT Cloud
- Infrastructure Support Engineer - IT Support - AD - Exchange
- Buyer - Manufacturing
- Master Scheduler - Production Planner
- PHP Developer
- ICT Technician - ITIL - Service Desk - AD - PC - Hardware
- UX Designer
- Technical Support / Service Desk Escalations
- ICT Support Manager – Service Desk Manager - AD - Server - ITIL