Hybrid/Electric Vehicle System Design Engineer
Are you an automotive mechanical or electrical engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to work in the growing field of hybrid and electric vehicle (HEV/EV) drive systems?
We are looking for engineers with experience in automotive (or related) electrical machine and/or mechanical system design.
You need to be highly motivated to be trained and learn new skills in both electrical and mechanical disciplines, allowing you to become an expert in electro-mechanical analysis of EV/HEV drive systems and deliver solutions to our global customers.
Typical work scopes will include
, Electro-magnetic finite element analysis
, Structural finite element analysis
, Vibration analysis and optimisation
, Thermal analysis and optimisation
, Electro-mechanical system concept design studies
, Electro-mechanical system detailed design
, System prototyping and testing
We are looking for a new team member who has experience in the following areas:
, >2:1 degree in mechanical, electrical, automotive or related engineering discipline
, 3+ years experience of working in one or more of the above disciplines in automotive or related industry
, Particular experience in transmission design, electrical machine design, electric drive system and/or control system development would be beneficial
, Experience in using software tools such as Matlab/Simulink, electro-magnetic and/or mechanical Finite Element Analysis packages, such as Ansys, would also be preferred.
You should have strong problem-solving skills and an interest in CAE tools as this is important for this role in addition to a willingness to be ‘hands-on' when necessary.
You will be part of a highly skilled team of engineers working on a range of challenging projects requiring attention to detail.
You will be able to adapt and work within our own processes.
Continuous improvement is important for us so you need to be comfortable working in this way, in addition to being able to work collaboratively with other team members and talk directly to suppliers/customers.
Lots more vacancies at www.remjobs.co.uk
More Jobs from re&m
- Installation/Commissioning Engineer - Electronics/Electro-Mech
- Gradfuate Electronics Design Engineer
- Software Engineer, C, C++, Hertfordshire
- Software Engineer, C++, Bucks, London
- Software, Algorithm, Graphics Development, Cambridge
- Software Engineer C++, RTOS, West London
- Physicist, Maths, Software Engineer; C++, Oxford
- Software/Firmware Engineer; C, C++, Berkshire
- Software Engineer, C++ 11, 14 and 17, London
- Embedded Software Engineer, C/Linux, Cambridge
- Graduate & Experienced Software Engineers
- Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Embedded
- Senior Algorithm, Computer Vision Scientist/ Team Leader
- (Senior) Electronics Design Engineers
- Electronics R&D Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Hardware/Sofwtare Applications Engineer
- Lead MEMs Engineer
- Senior FPGA Design Engineer