Lead Magnetics Physicist - NMR / MRI
A world-leader in Magnetic Instrumentation for Industrial, Research and Magnetics technology seeks a Physicist with significant experience in Magnet technology utilised in MRI and NMR equipment.
Working as the technology expert on the full range of magnets technology within the organisation ranging from being the technical reference and solutions provider through to systems co-ordination between different technology teams.
This will include working on the design and development of Magnets from Permanent to High Field Superconducting Magnets based on technology such as NbTi, Soft and Hard Magnet materials application, Cryogenic cooling systems including non-liquid helium based, Magnetic field stability and homogeneity issues, Shimming/Field Optimisation, Ferromagnetic blocks, Shim Coils at various temperatures, Gradient Coils via Golay coils and similar (inclusive of Inductance, Resistance and Efficiency issues), EPI, RF Coils design - both Surface & Volume based and to both Transmit and Receive, Resonant Frequency & SNR control, Magnetic Circuits, related RF/Analogue Electronics, general Electromagnetic performance, and an ability to bring all these technologies together.
Working on a range of MRI and NMR technology your work will primarily range from progressing technology from both a projects and a broader technical capability perspective through to assisting in the provision of technical solutions both as technology is transferred into production and for equipment used in the field.
This range of work will utilise your Project Management skills as you will be able to demonstrate an ability to implement work to meet timescales and budgets.
PhD+ in Physics with 5 years+ experience in developing Magnets technology ideally in an MRI or NMR environment, though other equipment technology or magnetic component technology will be considered.
Candidates with comparable years of experience in the above technology mix from postdoc Research Associate or Research Fellow background will also be considered.
Magnetic Instrumentation, Physicist, MRI, NMR, Permanent Magnets Technology, High Field Superconducting, NbTi, Soft & Hard Magnet Materials, Cryogenic Cooling, Liquid Helium, Homogeneous Field, Shimming, Ferromagnetic blocks, Shim Coils, Gradient Coils, Golay, Inductance, EPI, RF Coils, Resonant Frequency, SNR, Magnetic Circuits, Analogue Electronics, Electromagnetic, Technical Solutions, Project Management, PhD Physics, Postdoc Research Associate, Research Fellow.
More vacancies at www (dot) remjobs (dot) co (dot) uk
More Jobs from re&m
- Installation/Commissioning Engineer - Electronics/Electro-Mech
- Gradfuate Electronics Design Engineer
- Software Engineer, C, C++, Hertfordshire
- Software Engineer, C++, Bucks, London
- Software, Algorithm, Graphics Development, Cambridge
- Software Engineer C++, RTOS, West London
- Physicist, Maths, Software Engineer; C++, Oxford
- Software/Firmware Engineer; C, C++, Berkshire
- Software Engineer, C++ 11, 14 and 17, London
- Embedded Software Engineer, C/Linux, Cambridge
- Graduate & Experienced Software Engineers
- Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Embedded
- Senior Algorithm, Computer Vision Scientist/ Team Leader
- (Senior) Electronics Design Engineers
- Electronics R&D Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Hardware/Sofwtare Applications Engineer
- Lead MEMs Engineer
- Senior FPGA Design Engineer