Editorial Assistant - Bristol
Editorial Assistant - Bristol
My client, an online magazine who is one of the fastest-growing publishers on the web is looking for a talented Editorial Assistant, reporting to the Editor-in-Chief.
This magazine covers an amazing mix of the most bizarre, funny and fascinating news on the planet.
Their aim is to entertain and inform readers about extraordinary and compelling things they've never seen before.
Attributes and Skills
Excellent grasp of English language applied across various written styles
Excellent general communication skills, particularly as regards keeping in contact with colleagues and applicant staff and freelancers
Highly organised and able to maintain a consistently high level of performance
Good general knowledge of online publishing and viral content
Role and key tasks
Assist with company editorial processes, specifically in support of the Editor-in-Chief, and liaise with new staff and freelancers in order to help with increasing overall editorial output while maintaining levels of quality
Help organise ongoing recruitment strategy and manage process for hiring new employees and freelancers, screening applicants, setting and marking tests, conducting phone/Skype interviews and arranging and attending in-person interviews
Help co-ordinate editorial team, schedule shift rota and approve freelancer payments
Assist with various aspects of editorial output, helping to uphold standards for the site, maintain overall style (and style guides) and communicate with the editorial team
Assist in managing and prioritising editorial workflow, liaising with key editorial personnel (e.g.
section editors, sub-editors and writers) as well as new recruits
Proofread internal documents and specified site content
Help with writing, sub-editing and allocation of resources, as necessary
Assist with sourcing ideas, briefing writers, reviewing listicle shortlists and titling articles
Assist with sending content to media buying team
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 18295 Per Annum
- Location: Bristol
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Paul
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: PCO/D/034643
- Posted: 2017-10-30 16:38:28 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- CHANNEL MARKETING MANAGER
- INTERNET SECURITY SALES SPECIALIST - OVERLAY
- CUSTOMER MARKETING MANAGER
- Machine Tool Service Engineer - Andover
- Machine Tool Service Engineer - Devizes
- Cafe / Restaurant Front Of House Manager
- Machine Tool Service Engineer - Basingstoke
- Machine Tool Service Engineer - Marlborough
- Sous Chef - Chiswick, London W4
- Etch Applications Engineer - Plasma Modelling - Newport
- Etch Applications Engineer - Laser Materials Processing - Newport
- MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician - Northwich
- MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician - Sandbach
- MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician - Warrington
- MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician - Runcorn
- Fabricator / Welder - Leigh on Sea, Essex
- Fabricator / Welder - Rayleigh
- Fabricator / Welder - Basildon
- Fabricator / Welder - Southend on Sea, Essex
- PRE-SALES ENGINEER - TELECOMS SOLUTIONS