Material Development Engineer
Material Development Engineer
Salary : Depending on Experience
Educated to minimum Degree level or equivalent in Engineering/Materials/Science
To support the specification, development and introduction of all new rubber compounds, polymer materials & bonding technologies.
To support the design, development, commissioning and validation of new compounds, polymeric materials and bonding processes to meet customer programmes, internal targets & potential future applications.
To support the compliance & continuous improvement of existing materials to maximise output rates and quality levels and minimise rejects, waste, material usage and labour.
To support the development or procurement of new tools, instruments, equipment and techniques (eg, testing, simulation, analysis) to further the understanding and application of polymeric materials, bonding chemistry and moulding processes.
Detailed knowledge of polymer engineering, particularly rubber compound.
Detailed knowledge of rubber to metal / plastic bonding processes.
Experience within automotive materials & engineering projects
Knowledge of industry best practice for rubber mixing & moulding processes.
Knowledge of statistical & problem solving tools and their role in materials development & manufacturing.
Ability to contribute to the resolution of problems.
Good communication skills & able to present effectively both verbally and in written form
Knowledge of metallurgy.
Knowledge of engineering plastics, composites & other polymer-based materials.
Able to proactively contribute to other areas of the organisation
Understanding of health and safety requirements of materials and manufacturing processes.
Able to undertake UK & overseas travel in support of materials-related business needs
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Age
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: Negotiable
- Location: Trowbridge
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Engineering
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Shilpa
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: SGO/D/036771
- Posted: 2017-12-07 15:40:31 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Lead Mobile App Developer (Android)
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence Engineer
- Senior .NET Backend Developer
- Senior Developer, Nvidia PX2 Platform
- Event / Community Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Analyst - Greenford
- Sales Engineer / Business Development Manager
- Administrator - Financial Planning Company
- CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator - Leeds
- CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator - Wetherby
- CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator - Bradford
- CNC Programmer / Setter / Operator - Dewsbury
- Security Alarm / CCTV Engineer - Ashford
- Security Alarm / CCTV Engineer - Croydon
- Security Alarm / CCTV Engineer - Crawley
- Security Alarm / CCTV Engineer - Maidstone
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator - North Shields
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator - South Shields
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator - Newcastle upon Tyne
- Quantity Surveyor / Estimator - Gateshead