Unity Developer | Competitive Salary and Benefits Including Relocation Assistance, Healthcare, Unlimited Holiday, Free Food, Social Events, Training Fund and Many More Great Benefits | Gaming Company | Dublin
SRGEurope have been appointed to recruit a Unity Developer to join Irelands largest games developer.
Their first game grossed well into the seven figures since launching.
They are now developing their second title, which is due to launch in 2017.
This role is for a highly motivated and highly experienced Unity Engineer that pushes the quality bar on every topic.
Your passion will be in creating and maintaining awesome games as well as have the best and most efficient development experience possible.
Unity Developer Duties include but are not limited to:
- Champion best practices of game development using Unity3D engine.
- Push for quality implementations that are highly performant, technically sound and reusable by other developers
- Train other developers in the intricacies of Unity
- Promote clean, efficient and optimised code to the whole team
- Develop next-gen MMORTS mobile games using Unity (for multiple platforms) aiming to be played by millions of daily players
- Work closely with designers and UX/UI
- Implement great widgets and UI.
Support the UI team on a technical level
- Write content pipeline tools and editor extensions, to streamline production
- Work closely with the Art team to get artwork into the game
- Work with games server team (e.g.
for persistent game data, error handling, network connections, efficient data transfer & storage)
- Be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-ish process
- Test your own code extensively and work closely with the QA team to resolve bugs
- Collaborate with our Platform team
Unity Developer Skills and Experience Required:
- Games industry experience essential and a keen interest in games
- 5+ years of game-dev industry experience (AAA or F2P MMO game-dev experience)
- 3+ years of experience in developing 3D games using Unity
- Excellent C# (.Net 3.5) skills
- Solid understanding how to write low-latency and low-garbage code in C#
- Fluent in using Git
- Solid understanding of programming principles, how systems work together and common architectural approaches
- While not mandatory, nice to haves:
- Experience in games programming outside of Unity using either C++, OpenGL or DirectX, would be great
- Competence with realtime shader development (HLSL/CGFX, Unity's ShaderLab)
- Mobile experience (whether it's native iOS or Android, or an understanding of the limitations of mobile platforms etc.)
Our client is a leading Gaming company.
You will join an exceptionally creative team who enjoy making games and playing games too.
There are LAN games, board games, pool, or even venture onto the 5 a side footy pitch.
The company offers a great environment to work in, and truly look after their staff.
Benefits include Relocation Assistance, Healthcare, Unlimited Holiday, Free Food, Social Events, Training Fund and many more great benefits.
Please click on the ‘apply' button and upload your CV or alternatively contact Tom Thronicker Tom.Thronicker@srgeurope.com, Recruitment Consultant on 0207 183 6462.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£150k, so if this one is not suitable please get in touch to discuss other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Skills: Game, Game Developer, Game Development, AAA , F2P , 3D games, Unity, Games industry, Excellent C# (.Net 3.5) skills, Git, real-time rendering, programming, Gamer, Games programming, C++, OpenGL, DirectX, realtime shader development, HLSL, CGFX, Unity's ShaderLab, Mobile, iOS , Android, mobile platforms
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- DevOps Automations Engineer
- iOS Developer
- UI Developer
- Software Engineer (Java)
- Head of Compliance
- Software Engineer - Web
- Customer Experience Analyst
- Network Team Lead
- Scrum Master
- Software Test Engineer
- Software Engineer - Node.Js
- Head of Affiliate Marketing
- UX Designer
- Analog IC Design Engineer, Automotive (Senior)
- QA Engineer
- DevSecOps Engineer
- Java Developer
- Payroll Senior (Temp to perm role)