Cook - Chef - Sidcup, Kent
Cook - Chef - Sidcup, Kent
Full time 37 hours per week
Our Client provide high quality residential home care & support to the elderly and those living with dementia.
Due to their continuous growth an opportunity has arisen for an experienced, hands-on Cook to join their residential care home, located in Sidcup, Kent.
This full-time role will involve working 37 hours per week and alternate weekends.
Purpose of the role:
As a Cook you will be required to lead and manage a dedicated team of kitchen staff to deliver meals and snacks, ensuring our residents enjoy well-cooked, nutritious and beautifully presented food, taking into account ethnic origins and religious convictions.
You will be reliable, friendly and professional.
Further, you will be a team player with great communication skills and a flexible approach to work.
Main duties will include:
Planning menus in consultation with the Home Manager, residents and care staff
Providing supervision, direction and training of all kitchen staff, ensuring all food hygiene, and health & safety regulations are observed
Preparing & cooking meals and snacks from fresh, frozen and pre-packed ingredients
Checking deliveries against all orders placed, together with stock control
Essential Experience / Skills:
Three years' experience of running a catering service, including team management skills
Knowledge & understanding of the issues involved in catering for the elderly, including their special dietary requirements
Environmental Health Certificate in Food Hygiene
Desirable Experience / Skills:
A City & Guilds or equivalent qualification
A good understanding of different cultural and ethnic traditions with regard to catering
If the above sounds like you, join now and benefit from:
Training & development opportunities.
A DBS (at no cost to yourself).
A friendly, supportive, team working environment.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: Permanent
- Rate: 10-11 Per Hour Very Competitive
- Location: Sidcup
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Catering
- Recruiter: Additional Resources Ltd.
- Contact: Elie
- Tel: 0845 450 6635
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: EBA/D/037829
- Posted: 2018-04-03 23:45:01 -
- View all Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Account Manager - Communications Agency - Property Sector - London
- Surveyor - Northumberland
- Café Front Of House Barista/Manager - Portobello Road, W10
- Pastry Chef (Part Time Or Full Time) - Portobello Road, W10
- Senior Consultant Financial Planning - Financial Services - London
- TIG Welder - Manchester
- Field Sales Executive - Hygiene and Washrooms Services - London/ South East
- Field Sales Executive - Pest Control - Central London & Croydon, Bromley and Dartford
- Business Analyst Team Leader (Legal/Insurance) - Manchester
- Test Analyst Team Leader (Legal/Insurance) - Manchester
- Snr System Administrator (Legal IT) - Manchester
- Service Desk Analyst (Legal/Insurance) - Manchester
- NEW BUSINESS SALES - LONDON
- DATA SALES SPECIALIST - LONDON, MANCHESTER, READING, LIVERPOOL
- GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT / TELECOM SALES - LONDON
- CHANNEL ACCOUNT MANAGER - TELECOM SERVICES - LONDON
- INTERNET SECURITY - CHANNEL / ALLIANCE SALES - LONDON, HOME COUNTIES
- JUNIOR GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - LONDON
- TELECOM / UNIFIED COMMS - ACCOUNT MANAGER - US ACCOUNTS
- EMEA PRODUCT MANAGER - IP SECURITY