Senior Manager - Audit (Bermuda)
Our client is one of the big four, they are is seeking a qualified accountant with a deep understanding of the life assurance market to be based at their offices in Bermuda.
This position requires a mature, self-motivated individual who is well organised, hard working, enthusiastic and professional.
You must be able to demonstrate these attributes and that you are capable of working with a minimum of supervision and be able to cope with demanding situations that require the ability to multitask on a daily basis.
This is a highly demanding environment with very tight reporting deadlines; therefore the willingness and capacity to work overtime at short notice is essential.
Our clients are individuals who take deep, personal accountability for their work; have a passion for excellence; are driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, their communities and each other.
They has a strong work ethic, thrives on challenges, and is dedicated to providing outstanding client service.
You will have the same qualities.
As a Senior Manager in the Audit department, you must have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
● An internationally recognised accounting qualification (such as ACA, CA, CPA or ACCA) with six (6) or more years external audit experience, at least four (4) of which are in a management role;
● An in depth knowledge of the life assurance industry
● Strong, in depth working knowledge of SEC requirements;
● A keen interest in providing high quality service and in being an effective and proactive member of a team focused on financial services or life insurance industry;
● A strong, current knowledge of IFRS and / or US GAAP is essential and knowledge of Canadian and Bermuda GAAP would be beneficial;
● The ability to research technical issues and to assimilate and analyse information into concise deliverables and communicate this information at executive management and Board level;
● Proven project management and interpersonal skills, which demonstrate the ability to train, coach and supervise the work of other professionals with various experience levels and technical abilities;
● Sound time management skills and proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects through to completion;
● Ability to work effectively to meet established internal and external deadlines;
● Proven networking and business development skills;
● First class written and oral communication skills;
● Excellent presentation skills to produce and review complex financial reports and proposals;
● Exceptional people skills with the ability to work with clients and staff of all levels; and
● A high degree of competence in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Salary: Excellent tax free salary (neg depending on experience) + Bonus and benefits
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rate: neg depending on experience + Bonus and benefits
- Location: Hamilton, Bermuda
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: Accountancy
- Recruiter: Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Contact: Belinda Octaviani
- Tel: 442081239129
- Email: to view click here
- Reference: VSY-240418
- Posted: 2018-05-18 08:25:51 -
- View all Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
More Jobs from Recruitment Boutique Ltd
- Business Development Executive
- TCT Interim Kitchen Assistant
- Trainee Tax Manager
- Recruitment Resourcer
- PR Account Executive or Senior Account Executive
- Kitchen Assistant
- Lettings Negotiator
- Specialist Indian Cuisine Private Chef Required
- Marketing Manager
- TCT Care Assistant (Night)
- Floor Layer/Supervisor
- Property Manager
- Part Time - Private Chef Required
- LGV Delivery Vehicle Driver
- 2nd Chef with Accomodation