Accounts Assistant (Maternity Cover 9 to 12 months)
Accounts Assistant (Maternity Cover 9 to 12 months) | AAT Qualified or ACCA Part-qualified | Salary £23 - 32,000 | Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA equivalent Accounts Assistant to join a high profile professional services company based in Gibraltar.
Our client is dynamic, professional, and has an incredibly talented work-force.
The Accounts Assistant is responsible for the regular and prompt preparation of high quality financial statements for a portfolio of clients consisting of Trusts, Companies (including large inter-linked Groups) and Partnerships as part of the Firm's provision of fiduciary services.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
Maintain accounting records in the client entity database (Viewpoint)
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial statements prepared in accordance with relevant accounting standards for specific companies and trusts for audit and/or submission direct to the client and regulatory authorities
- Deals with resulting queries and accounting review points from third parties
- Preparation of tax returns as appropriate
- Maintain loan, interest, income and expense schedules
- Be fully conversant with a computerised accounting system and maintain a good knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed
- Calculate the corporate management trust and accounts preparation fees
- Provide information to Clients, Auditors and other third parties in a professional manner
- Keep up to date with legislative changes (Tax Act, Companies Act, Insolvency Act) and Financial Reporting Standards (e.g.
new UK GAAP and changes to IFRS
Accounts Assistant Requirements:
Sound intellectual skills evidenced by a strong academic background, preferably to graduate level or equivalent combination of A-levels, further training and experience.
Must hold at least 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent, to include Maths and English
- Qualified AAT / Studying towards ACCA, ACA
- Experience in an accountancy or financial services environment
- Experience of dealing with complex and detailed financial information
- Prior experience of preparing Trust Accounts would be an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel and Word and IT packages in general
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Professional Services companies.
They have a strong market share and have a reputation for excellence.
For a complete job description please call +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain.
It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family.
We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or to call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£100k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Accounts Assistant | AAT | ACCA | Fiduciary Services | Clients | Viewpoint | Trust Accounts
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Sponsorship Manager
- Technology Problem Analyst
- SEO Outreach Executive
- Finance Manager (Europe)
- Audit Manager - BAG
- Casino Product Manager
- Country Manager
- Reporting Developer
- Paid Media Marketing Manager
- Affiliate Marketing Manager
- Performance Media Manager - Sports
- Change Analyst
- SEO Manager (Swedish)
- Strategic Marketing Manager (Senior)
- RFID Industrial Test Engineer
- VAT Manager
- Java Developer
- .NET Developer
- Affiliate Marketing Manager (Sports)
- Communication Channel Specialist