Head of Legal Compliance
Head of Legal and Compliance | Salary c£100k plus benefits package | Gibraltar
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an experienced Head of legal and Compliance to join a well established Financial Services Company based in Gibraltar.
Our client is premier class, professional and has an incredibly talented work-force.
The Head of Legal and Compliance will have full overview of compliance, legal, AML, Risk and Formalities.
Head of Legal and Compliance Responsibilities:
- To act as the senior representative, both internally and externally, local legal, risk and compliance department with direct management responsibility for Gibraltar entity
- To develop synergies and efficiencies across the local divisional legal and compliance functions through critical review of activities and staffing
- To manage, monitor and co-ordinate the provision of local risk and compliance services, management reporting including regional EMEA compliance
- To work in conjunction with the EMEA Head of AML on the local implementation of Bank AML policies
- Establish cross divisional legal and compliance plans for the location and work with regional and divisional management to ensure that these plans are implemented
- Act as the primary contact and manage the client's relationship with its local regulators
- Periodically present at the local management committees on legal and compliance related issues and initiatives
- Approval of expenses, invoices, payments for the client
- Manage training process in relation to core areas including cross border disputes
Head of Legal and Compliance Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be have a legal qualification a Degree or the equivalent and or legal work experience of a similar nature
- FSC or FSA registered or approved
- Abundant EMEA cross border knowledge
- Used to operating a senior level and assuming this level of responsibility
- Be available to commute to UK office as required
- Knowledge of the legislation, regulations, rules , the Compliance Handbook and Procedures
- Knowledge of their employees' backgrounds, strengths, weaknesses, and required licences and registrations
- Be committed to team building and have excellent communication skills
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Financial Services companies.
They have a strong market presence and have a reputation for excellence.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain.
It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family.
We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at email@example.com or to call us, for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462, we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs within the Finance sector ranging from £25k-£100k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Head of Legal and Compliance | EMEA| Regulation | AML | Clients | FSC | FSA
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- Customer Experience Analyst
- Campaign Analyst
- BI Product Owner
- Sponsorship Manager
- Technology Problem Analyst
- SEO Outreach Executive
- Finance Manager (Europe)
- Audit Manager - BAG
- Casino Product Manager
- Country Manager
- Reporting Developer
- Paid Media Marketing Manager
- Affiliate Marketing Manager
- Performance Media Manager - Sports
- Change Analyst
- SEO Manager (Swedish)
- Strategic Marketing Manager (Senior)
- RFID Industrial Test Engineer
- VAT Manager
- Java Developer