Electronics Design Engineer
We have an exciting position for an Electronics Design Engineer to join an R&D team involved in the design, development and maintenance of hardware and embedded software for state-of-the-art products.
The role is involved in all aspects of product design from feasibility to production, including digital and analogue circuits, and microprocessor circuits and software.
The role requires good knowledge of digital and analogue electronics, and software design.
Some experience of mechanical design for product cases and enclosures is a benefit.
Knowledge and experience of design for manufacture and product approval processes including EMC is useful.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop hardware for existing and new products, covering the full product life-cycle.
Design, develop, test and maintain hardware.
achieve product regulatory approvals including EMC, and transfer into production.
- Develop microprocessor software covering the full software life-cycle.
requirements, then design, develop, test and maintain software, including the release process,
version control of software releases, and bug management.
- Design mechanical parts for products, including frames and housings, and for product testing
- Work both as team member on larger projects and manage own smaller software projects; plan,
track and manage development tasks.
Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet
Work collaboratively with people inside and outside the R&D department to
successfully achieve outcomes and results.
- Install, use and maintain tools and technologies such as PCB design tools and software
- Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles.
Write, issue and update hardware
documentation; use version control.
- Investigate ideas, suggestions and problems related to existing and new products raised by
internal departments including Marketing and Production, communicating and responding to
ensure issues are resolved promptly and appropriately.
Lots more vacancies at www.remjobs.co.uk
More Jobs from re&m
- Mechanical/Numerical Modeller - Contract
- Mechanical Design Engineer
- Technical Graduate - Problem Solvers!
- Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electronics, Software Engineer
- Firmware Design Engineer
- Senior Electronics Design Engineer - Analogue
- Embedded Software Engineer- Cambridge; C, C++, Linux
- Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Embedded
- R&D Software Engineer; Algorithms, DSP, C++, Oxford
- Software Engieer; C++, Python
- DSP Engineer, Software, Signal Processing, Sensors, Cambridge
- Graduate Embedded Software Engineer, C, C++, Cambridge
- Software Engineer, C++, C#, GUI, Imaging, Oxford
- Physics/Software Engineering, C++, North East
- Android Software Engineer- London; Java, C++
- Senior Mechanical Engineer
- FPGA/VHDL Design Engineer
- Senior Hardware Design Engineer
- Project Manager - Hardware/Software