Project Worker - Burnley
Our client is recruiting for a Project Worker, the role is to work as a member of a team in providing direct day to daycare and to support Adolescents who display emotional or behavioural difficulties participating in outdoor activities or alternative education.
The position is based in Burnley, Lancashire.
You will be required to work in the residential home and participate in outdoor activities.
The role is based in Gloucester
The role is working with outdoor activates for this role you must have the following (please note you must have these qualifications to apply):-
● QCF/NVQ 3 in children and young people/Social Work Degree/BSC Hons children young people and families is very desirable
Or have any of the following
● Paddlesport/UKCC level 1 coach and above, Surf level 1 coach and above- ISA/BSA, Raft Guide level 1, RYA assistant instructor award, SUP- stand up Level 1 instructor, MIAS level 2 leader, Scottish Trail cycle leader, British Cycle level 1, Mountain Leader Assessed, BELA Assessed, WGL- walking Group Leader Assessed, Lowland walking leader Award Assessed, SPA- single pitch award Assessed, CWA-climbing wall award Assessed or Local Cave Leader level 1 or Cave leader and above
● To be a full and active member of the team.
You will be responsible for the Line Management structure.
● To act as a Residential Care Worker/Coordinator when required, providing care and support to individuals.
● To participate in duties associated with the home as directed by the Home Manager/Deputy Manager
● To be aware of and comply with the statutory requirements and all the company’s policies and procedures including those of outdoor activities.
● To participate in duty rotas.
● To work with team members to achieve a warm, caring, safe and stimulating environment for the young people in our care.
● To assist each young person with the development of their Education through the AQA Units and educational visits.
● To work on behalf of the young person’s to educate and provide positive advice on any aspect of their health care requirements and consult with health care professionals where appropriate.
● Promote and encourage the young people to access leisure activities and education
● You will be expected to take part in the activity programme alongside the young people
● You must follow the homes procedure for the use and maintenance of outdoor equipment
● To participate in achieving high standards of cleanliness, laundry, cooking meals and other domestic duties as requested by the homes line manager.
This is within the home and an offsite location that the home uses.
● To be alert to signs of distress or abuse, and to ensure that the young people are monitored and protected at all times.
● Ensure that the religious, racial, cultural-linguistic backgrounds of children and their families are promoted and you are sensitive to gender issues.
● To control and manage young people who need boundaries set to their behaviour.
● To participate in formal training and induction and actively pursue relevant qualifications.
● To supervise the young people at all times, ensuring their individual safety and well-being.
For this role, you will be required to participate in activities such as mountain biking, camping, canoeing and Kayaking.
You will be required to work as a member of a team in providing direct day to daycare and to support young people who display emotional or behavioural difficulties.
If you are not a car driver you must be able to travel by public transport in order to start shifts on occasions 8 am on a Sunday.
This role will include evening and weekends.
He pays is £8.00 to £8.50 per hour sleep in is paid £7.83 per hour and additional, salary depends on experience and qualifications while doing outdoor activities you will be paid an extra 50p per hour.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send your updated CV to
More Jobs from OurTeam
- Community Support Worker - Guildford
- Support Workers - Southend
- Principal Drainage Engineer
- Support Worker - Didcot
- Support Worker - Wallingford
- Support Worker - Woking
- Support Worker - Farnham
- Electrical Projects Manager
- Driver (6.5T Truck)
- Property Manager
- Credit Controller
- Support Worker - Spalding
- Area Manager - Blackpool
- Support Worker - Selby
- Project Worker - Wrexham