IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager - IT Portfolio Manager
IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager - IT Portfolio Manager - IT Programme Manager with experience of Project Management / Leadership in business-driven IT projects both Operational and Development - Change Management - Resource Management Planning - Prince 2 - Agile / Scrum - Financial - Banking - IT services background is required by a leading organisation based in Epsom for an initial 9-month contract - competitive rate.
This IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager will be providing Project Management skills and resource within the Europe Africa region, to ensure that projects are approved, scheduled and undertaken in a structured and controlled manner.
The IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager will undertake a key role in the establishment and ongoing development of IT operations in Europe Africa region, representing EAR IT by carrying out Project Management activities.
Key Responsibilities are
- Participation in tasks to ensure projects are undertaken in a structured and logical manner complying at all times with the Project Lifecycle Methodology:-
- Project Management including structured planning, communication, resource management and reporting using existing methodologies including the use of the PMO tools provided
- Production of project documentation to a level of detail appropriate to the scope and cost of the project
- Ensure delivery to quality, cost and deliverable targets
- Build, manage and motivate cross-functional project teams using both internal and external resource as necessary
- Information gathering, system analysis and business requirements definition
- Supplier and package analysis including gap analysis (business / selection criteria vs package functionality), selection, negotiation and management
- Design and documentation of the overall systems solution, covering the selected package(s) internal interfaces, external interfaces and corporate reporting requirements
- Defining requirements and supporting the technical implementation (by IT Infrastructure & Operations team) of IT communications (incl.
WAN and LAN), operating system, hardware, databases and security to meet the business requirements and standards
- Full understanding and agreement by Project Sponsor(s) regarding project funding and the consequent impact on IT's Service catalogue
- Implementation activities including support to testing and training, followed by controlled handover into ‘Business as Usual'
I am looking for an experienced IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager - Portfolio Manager will have the following experience:
- Experience of Project Management / Leadership in business-driven IT projects (both Operational and Development), using a structured method and approach to planning, requirements gathering, risk and issue management, change management and resource management
- Delivering business-driven IT projects and/or IT projects' sub-tasks (both Operational and
- Development through buy-in, influencing and persuading resources to commit to delivery.
- Financial planning and control of projects including subsequent impact on ‘business as usual' budgets
- Demonstrable ability to create work packages for key elements of projects and prioritise delivery
The IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager may be required to travel within Europe and possibly South Africa
My client is looking to reward this IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager, Project Portfolio Manager a competitive rate and the contract will initially be for 9 months, with a good chance it will roll.
This IT Technical Project Portfolio Manager Contract role is based in Epsom, Surrey and due to its rural location, you must drive as it's not easily accessible by public transport.
If you are an experienced IT Project Portfolio Manager - Project Portfolio Manager who has experience of Project management / Leadership in business-driven IT projects and live local to Epsom, Surrey then please apply now!
- Start: ASAP
- Duration: 9 months
- Rate: Competitive
- Type: Contract selected
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
- Tel: 01737 778282
- Fax: 01737 778950
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-07-11 15:31:51 -
- View all Jobs from Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
- Financial Controller - Finance Manager -
- Graduate Software Product Specialist - Product Owner
- Information Security Officer - Information Assurance Analyst
- 2nd Line Support Engineer – Service Desk - VMware - Network
- Marketing Manager
- Information Security Officer - Auditor - ISO27001 - CISSP - CEH
- Release Analyst - Release & Change Analyst
- Implementation Consultant - Software Applications
- Java Development Team Leader - Lead Java Developer
- Product Specialist - Software Product Owner - Product Owner
- 1st/2nd Line Support Engineer
- Demand Generation Manager
- 1st Line Support Engineer - Exchange - Desktop - Helpdesk - IP
- Mobile Developer - iOS Developer - Xcode - Swift - Coding - Web
- Information Security Consultant – CISSP / CISM / CISA
- IT Portfolio Manager
- Technical Project Manager
- Information Security Analyst - ISO 27001 - Lead Auditor - CISSP