My Client has been in the repair, service and sales of pumps, motors, fan units and associated equipment for almost 30 years.
They currently have an excellent opportunity for a Pump Engineer to be based in and around the Bedford area.
The role will involve travelling in to London
Basic salary of £26k - £28k together with full PPE, uniform and H & S training.
Holiday = 23 days + bank holidays rising to 25 after 4 years' service.
Commission on repair work coming from routine maintenance work.
Installation/maintenance/service/repair/specification/of pumps and associated control systems including electrical installations.
A call out rota is in operation and you will be required to take your turn.
Refer to your supervisor for more detailed information.
Range (mainly industrial) including the following:
, Positive displacement
, Bore Hole
All works as outlined on the job sheets complying with Company H&S procedures including method, risk assessments and permits.
Installation/repair/maintenance of control panels (Single/three phase)
Wiring in motors/ floats/switches
Analysis of pump fault on site, upon investigation supervision of corrective action i.e.
repair in workshop, motor rewind (external supplier).
Removal of faulty pumps, in situ, valving off and ensuring electrics are safe.
Upon completion of workshop repair, installation of pump on site ensuring unit in full safe working order.
Maintenance/ Service of pumps (duration usually every 6 months)
Checking the following:
, Installation test
, Electrics sound i.e.
‘not down to earth'.
, Mechanical seals good.
, Check all associated equipment e.g.
display panel lighting.
, Water / air pressure.
, Control panel
, After inspection undertaken, service report completed and issued to customer
New pump sales - installation on site ensuring units fit into existing pipework.
Set up overload on contactor and test.
Show customer how unit works, ensuring customer signs for unit when installation/ instruction undertaken satisfactorily.
Booster Sets - Repair/ service/ installation, checking pressure/valves and electrics.
Work Radius: UK Mainland.
Works may be either in the company workshops or external site locations as specified by your supervisor.
Call out Rota: Weekly 24 hour call out rota to cover emergency call outs.
Rota will be agreed between supervisor and engineering team.
Please note for new starters, you will be mentored on emergency call outs (normally 3 times) in order to build up experience and confidence before attending independently.
Please note on call outs supervisors/MD will always be available by phone to assist with any site queries.
Levels of Contact:
Customers (site personnel), internal staff.
Hammond Recruitment Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
More Jobs from Hammond Recruitment Group
- Asbestos Surveyor - South West
- Forklift Field Service Engineer – Surrey
- Forklift Engineer - Scotland
- Forklift Engineer – Lancashire / Cheshire
- Fire Pump Field Service Engineer - North West London
- P402 Asbestos Surveyor – Yorkshire
- Commercial Caterinbg Engineer - West London
- Forklift Truck Field Service Engineer – Kent
- Forklift Truck Field Service Engineer – Romford, Essex
- Asbestos Surveyor – Berkshire
- Air Conditioning Engineer - Oxfordshire
- Air Conditioning Engineer - London / South East
- Autoclave Engineer - Up to £30K
- White Goods Engineer - Oxford (Must has Gas)
- White Goods Engineer - Lancaster (Must has Gas)
- White Goods Engineer - East London
- White Goods Engineer - Slough
- White Goods Engineer - Colchester
- White Goods Engineer - Edinburgh
- White Goods Engineer - Preston