Electronics Design Engineers
We have a number of vacancies with an exciting company based within Central London.
They are revolutionising the way we use the internet and are looking for a number of exceptional, self-motivated Hardware Design Engineers who thrive on delivering amazing results and relish being thrown in at the deep end.
We need highly ambitious, experienced Electronics Engineers who enjoy the prospect of enormous technical challenges.
You will have a unique opportunity to work from initial concept through to a globally adopted solution.
We're looking for engineers who want to make a difference, to be empowered and to see the results of their efforts.
Successful applicants should have a 2.1 or 1st in a relevant engineering, maths or science degree from a top university.
Those with who have demonstrated exceptional performance through less conventional educational routes will also be considered.
Candidates must be versatile and will ideally have a minimum of 3 years development experience in some of the following areas:
- Digital electronic systems design, including component selection, schematic entry and layout of complex PCBs
- Designing boards with devices such as switch-mode power supplies, FPGAs and embedded processors, as well as DRAM, high-speed serial and Ethernet interfaces
- Layout of multi-layer PCBs, featuring microvias and 500+ pin BGAs and multi-gigabit signals
- PCB debug and test including boundary scan
- Integration of hardware with software and firmware
Applicants with less than 3 years' experience will be accepted if they have a proven track record of rapidly learning new skills and have a genuine interest in the fields described.
Knowledge of the following areas will also be highly beneficial:
- FPGA firmware implementation in VHDL
- Embedded Linux systems
- Network switching and L2/L3 security design
- Thermal management considerations (overall system dynamics, heatsinking, etc)
- CE marking and other regulatory requirements
- Electronic chassis design including EMC
The role includes close interaction across the entire engineering team as well as commercial aspects of the business.
Where appropriate, you will be expected to assist in technical pre-sales activities and contribute to customer proposals.
This is a unique opportunity to join a business that has extremely experienced founders and financial backing from internationally renowned entrepreneurs and investors.
More Jobs from re&m
- Senior Hardware Design Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineer - Grad to Senior
- Embedded Software/Hardware Design Engineer
- Electronics Design Engineers
- Physics/Software Engineering, C++, C#, GUI; Oxford
- Technical Product Manager
- R&D Software Engineer; Algorithms, DSP, C++, Oxford
- Embedded Software Engineer- London; C, C++, Linux
- Software Engieer; C++, C#, Windows
- Software Engineer- Bristol
- Graduate Embedded Software Engineer, C, C++, Cambridge
- Graduate & Experienced Software Engineers
- Senior Software Engineer, C++, C#, GUI, Imaging, Oxford
- Mathematical Programmer/Software Engineer (C++), Physics
- R&D Engineers - Hardware/Software/Mechanical
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Senior Hardware Design Engineer
- Technical Support/Field Service - Optics/Electronics/Lasers
- Graduate Electronics Design Engineer
- Senior Software Engineer C, C++, Embedded