SECURITY OPERATIONS ANALYST - SOC / GIAC / GCIH / CISSP
SECURITY OPERATIONS ANALYST - £47,000 - £57,000 pa + 10% Bonus + Excellent Company Benefits. This is an exciting and unique role where you will be focused on providing security support to the systems being provided by our Service Providers for the delivery of a Nationwide SOC infrastructure roll-out. The SOC / Security Operations Team provide a broad range of security support, influence and coordination to our service providers, who undertake their own protective monitoring, alerting and reporting of security incidents.
The day to day tasks of this role may include Maintaining and monitoring security information sources to help identify vulnerabilities and threats.
Managing, coordinating and communicating security incidents with a variety of people including governments, industry contacts and security professionals at the service providers.
Conducting problem analysis to identify root causes and remedial actions.
Providing security operations reporting to help identify trends and the effectiveness of controls.
Participating in change boards to ensure that the security implications of planned change has been addressed.
Acting as the registration authority manager for the smart metering PKI system.
Working with colleagues in the Technical Operations Centre to increase their security awareness and to provide security support to their operations.
- Operational Security Management including both incident and problem management
- Understanding how malware works and the appropriate controls
- Network security
- Operating systems/platforms security
- Database/applications security
- Web security
- Digital forensics investigation
- ITIL knowledge
- An understanding of IT Security, both in terms of security architecture and also Information Assurance
- An active interest in software systems/engineering and/or secure communications and Information systems and/or system security architecture and/or malware
- Experience in network and systems Protective Monitoring
- Qualifications within the IT Security field desirable but not essential.
Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC), Certified Incident Handler (GCIH), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Desirable knowledge of large regulated programmes
- Operational incident management
- Capable of achieving HMG Security Cleared (SC) minimum 5 years residence in the UK required
- Must be prepared to participate in a 24
*7 on-call rota
The location for this Senior Security Operations Analyst is Runcorn, Cheshire with flexibility for some home working and travel to the service provider and other locations, including London.
The salary for this opportunity is £47,000 - £57,000 pa + 10% Bonus and Excellent Company Benefits that include Pension, Life Assurance, Childcare Vouchers to name a few.
- Start: ASAP
- Rate: £47000 - £57000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
- Type: Permanent
- Industry: IT
- Recruiter: Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
- Tel: 01737 778282
- Fax: 01737 778950
- Email: to view click here
- Posted: 2018-12-04 09:39:31 -
- View all Jobs from Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
More Jobs from Reflex Computer Recruitment Ltd
- QA Tester - Tester - Web - Manual - Automation - Selenium
- Embedded Software Engineer - C / C++ - Qt - Linux - Web
- Systems Support Consultant - Infrastructure Engineer - Azure
- Business Analyst Data Governance & Analytics
- Network Engineer - Firewalls - Palo Alto - WAN - LAN - Support
- QA Engineer - Tester - Automation - Manual - Agile - C#
- Support Engineer - Service Desk Analyst- 1st & 2nd Line Support
- Banking Systems Helpdesk – Desktop Support Analyst
- Business Analyst Data Governance & Analytics - Fixed Term role
- PHP Developer - Software Developer - Back-End - Laravel - JS
- Head of Security Operations - CISM - CISSP - ISO27001 - SOC
- 1st Line Support Engineer
- Front End Web Developer – Web Developer - IE11 - HTML5 - Junior
- IT Desktop Engineer - 2nd Line - VMware - Server - Exchange
- Data Analyst - Data - Support - Problem Solving - Excel - Word
- Network Engineer - Cisco & Junos Network Engineer
- Network Solutions Consultant - CCIE - Design - WAN - LAN - DSL
- IT Graduate Trainee / Graduate Software Tester
- Graduate / Junior Front End Web Developer
- Software Developer - C# - ASP.NET - SQL - MVC - Programmer