Head of Corporate Estates
We are seeking a Head of Corporate Estate to lead our Corporate Estates Service.
The role holder will oversee the day to day management of the operational estate, as well as initiating and delivering a range of strategic Estates projects, including capital projects.
The role holder will be responsible for leadership of a significant workforce, deploying resources to meet operational and strategic priorities, and for the financial performance of the service.
The Service acts as the 'Corporate Landlord' for the City Council, and maintains and manages the operational estate to support the quality of services provided by the organisation and its partners, reduce costs, reduce carbon emissions, support new ways of working, strengthen community activity and ensure our properties remain safe and accessible.
The operational estate includes a diverse portfolio of over 300 sites that the Council uses to deliver services, ranging from offices, depots, community centres, accommodation supporting children's services and health and care services, buildings in parks, leisure centres and changing rooms, libraries and markets.
The portfolio includes a number of significant heritage buildings, and major Manchester landmarks.
The role includes close working with the Capital Programmes Service and Facilities Management Service, and a range of internal and external stakeholders who rely on the operational estate to deliver services.
The successful candidate will have:
? Significant understanding of how estates service delivery, at a strategic and tactical level, supports the needs of a complex organisation;
? Proven experience of managing the impact of organisational change on an operational estate;
? Proven experience of leading the development, communication and implementation of a clear vision and strategy to meet organisational needs;
? Demonstrable ability of engaging and communicating clearly and effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, partners and
More Jobs from Candidate Wizard
- Lord Mayor's Attendant / Driver
- Premises Assistant
- Transformation Project Manager : 6 Months FTC
- Contact Centre Manager - 4-6 week contract
- Neighbourhoods Apprentice
- UX/Service Designer
- Product Designer
- Lift Engineer
- Housing Officer - Part time (12-month FTC)
- Project Manager Apprentice
- Learning and Behaviour Mentor
- Housing Officer (12 month FTC)
- Planning and Development Manager
- Apprentice Building Surveyor
- Lead Quality Inspector : CNC Machining
- Businsess Support Apprentice (IT and Innovation)
- Production Team Leader : Milling
- Hubs and Facilities Officer
- Learning & Development Business Partner
- Reporting Analyst Apprentice