Solicitor : Actions against the Police
Solicitor - Actions against the Police (4 years+ PQE or equivalent experience)
An award winning Legal 500 firm with specific expertise in civil liberties, personal injury, medical negligence, abuse, criminal injuries and international travel.
They are committed to equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Their Civil Liberties Team is a progressive, expanding department within the business.
They cover all aspects of Actions against the Police work including claims for assault, false imprisonment and malicious prosecution.
Their modern and proactive approach to marketing ensures that they attract interesting and high quality work.
Their team have been involved in high profile and ground breaking cases and continue to be at the forefront of their field.
Main duties and responsibilities:
? Assessing and vetting potential new claims based on information obtained by the New Claims Team.
? Running own caseload.
? Dealing with all forms of funding, including Legal Aid and CFA's.
? Submitting applications to the Legal Aid Agency on CCMS, including applications for Exceptional Case Funding.
? Liaising with clients, counsel, defendants, the IOPC and other third parties.
? Collating and reviewing documentation and evidence.
? Obtaining medical evidence when required and reviewing and providing advice on it.
? Litigating cases.
? Actively engaging in Business Development to ensure high visibility of the department and wider company.
The Ideal Candidate:
? A solicitor or CILEX with at least 4 years PQE or equivalent experience in Civil Liberties work.
? Meets AAP supervisor status for Legal Aid purposes.
? Experience working on publicly funded cases and making applications to the LAA.
? Ability to demonstrate proficiency in all aspects of a case from beginning to end.
? Practical experience of the CPR, issuing claims and litigating case
More Jobs from Additional Resources Ltd.
- Service Engineer - Audio Visual
- Occupational Health Technician - Hinkley, Somerset
- Nurse / RGN / Occupational Health Nurse
- HR Advisor
- Head of Quality and Curriculum
- Senior Accountant - Corporate Services / Audit
- Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester
- Sales Consultant
- Technical Advice Team Manager
- Montessori Teacher
- Senior Lecturer in Paramedic Science
- Junior Web Developer
- Jnr/Mid-weight UI Designer (Publishing/Media)
- Reception Manager
- Portfolio Manager / Business Developer - Product Design Services
- 3D Structural Cardboard Engineer
- Corporate Solicitor
- Occupational Health Advisor
- Occupational Health Technician
- Corporate Senior Solicitor / Senior Fee Earner