Accounts Assistant | AAT Qualified or ACCA Part-qualified | Salary £Up to £32,000 | Gibraltar |
Candidates must be based in Gibraltar or living locally in Spain.
SRGEurope has been appointed to recruit an AAT qualified or ACCA/CIMA equivalent Accounts Assistant to join a high profile professional services company based in Gibraltar.
Our client is dynamic, professional, and has an incredibly talented work-force.
The Accounts Assistant will assist with regular and prompt preparation of high quality financial statements for a portfolio of clients consisting of Trusts, Companies (including large inter-linked Groups) and Partnerships as part of the Firm's provision of fiduciary services.
The successful candidate will also have responsibility for some Clients payrolls using Winpay software.
Accounts Assistant Responsibilities:
- Maintain accounting records in the client entity database (Viewpoint)
- Ensure the provision of accurate and timely financial statements prepared in accordance with relevant accounting standards for specific companies and trusts for audit and/or submission direct to the client and regulatory authorities
- Deal with resulting queries and accounting review points from third parties
- Assist with preparation of tax returns as appropriate
- Preparation of Payroll for approx.
40 small to medium size entities using Winpay software
- Maintain loan, interest, income and expense schedules
- Be fully conversant with a computerised accounting system and maintain a good knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Ensure client expectations and accounting deadlines are properly managed
- Provide information to Clients, Auditors and other third parties in a professional manner
- Liaise with Company and Trust administration staff with regard to the accounting needs of clients
Accounts Assistant Requirements:
- Sound intellectual skills evidenced by a strong academic background, preferably to graduate level or equivalent combination of A-levels, further training and experience.
Must hold at least 5 GCSEs (A-C) or equivalent, to include Maths and English
- Qualified AAT / Studying towards ACCA, ACA
- Experience in an accountancy or financial services environment
- Experience on Gibraltar payroll
- Prior experience of preparing Trust Accounts would be an advantage
- Knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, UK GAAP) and concepts
- Highly proficient in relevant accounting software
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel and Word
Our client is one of Gibraltar's leading Professional Services companies.
They have a strong market share and have a reputation for excellence.
For a complete job description please call +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain.
It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family.
We can even help you with your relocation process read more here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar
If you would like to proceed to the next stage press apply now, if you just want to know more e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to call us for Gibraltar +350 200 69999, for UK 0207 183 6462 we look forward to hearing from you.
We have a variety of jobs ranging from £25k-£100k, so if this one is not suitable please visit our website www.srgeurope.com for other exciting opportunities you can apply for.
Accounts Assistant | AAT | ACCA | Fiduciary Services | Clients | Viewpoint | Trust Accounts
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- PHP Fullstack Developer
- Graduate Executive Assistant
- Business Development Manager
- Python Developer
- Systems / SysOps Engineer
- NetOps Engineer
- Senior SEO Strategist
- Senior Marketing Manager
- CRM & Promotions Lead
- BI Analyst
- VP Sales & Account Management - Asia
- Casino Product Lead
- Customer Support Manager
- Senior Data Analyst
- Fraud Director
- Insurance Director
- Head of Marketing
- Network Engineer
- Senior Computational Biologist
- Fullstack Developer