Head of Reserving
Head of Reserving | Gibraltar or London Based | Salary £6 figure package plus relocation
SRGEurope are excited to present an opportunity for an experienced Head of Reserving, ideally candidates will be a qualified (or near qualifying) Actuary.
You will be working with the insurance CEO to set up and be responsible for our client's internal reserving function.
You will lead quarterly reserve reviews and work with internal and external stakeholders to communicate results to the board.
You will be responsible for managing relationships with the external independent actuaries and auditors.
As the Actuarial function holder the Head of Reserving will be responsible for completing the annual actuarial function holder report under Solvency II and contribute to the capital modelling process.
If you are an experienced Actuary qualified Head of Reserving and looking to take the next step in your career then this could be the role for you.
What's on offer to you?
- Salary c£100 -110,000k plus Bonus and Benefits
- Working alongside key decision makers in this FTSE 100 company
- Gibraltar based candidates (will offer relocation if required)
- Real career enhancing opportunity
What You Will Be Doing
- Conducting quarterly reserve reviews on both the motor and household accounts
- Reporting of reserving results to our clients Board, along with reinsurers/ co - insurers.
- Prepare claims, exposure and premium data for reserving, taking responsibility for reconciliation checks
- Have full oversight of the external reserving activities conducted by our external independent actuaries
- Facilitate the actuarial aspects of the annual external audit
- Oversight of Solvency II capital requirements, supporting the Capital and Solvency II processes
- Work closely with the pricing team, to ensure reserving outcomes are fed into pricing
- Work closely with the claims team to understand any changes in claims handling processes and their effects on the reserves
What You Will Need to Succeed In This Role
- Be a fully or nearly qualified Actuary.
- Have detailed knowledge of personal lines reserving.
- Be able to set up a reserving process, automating as much as possible.
- Be proficient at ResQ, SAS / SQL (or other programming language) and Excel
- Have strong influencing and communication skills.
- Have a minimum of 5 years insurance experience, particularly in reserving personal lines products.
If you are an experienced Head of Reserving, and this is the challenge that you are looking for in your career, get in touch with me today.
Please click on the ‘apply' button and upload your CV and a Cover Letter or alternatively contact Angelique Pearson, Managing Director by email email@example.com or call Gibraltar +350 200 69999.
Gibraltar is a British Overseas Territory on the edge of the Iberian Peninsula neighbouring Southern Spain.
It boasts 300 days of sunshine per year, a relaxed out of work lifestyle and is easily accessible to the rest of Europe from Gibraltar and Malaga airports.
The primary currency in Gibraltar is pounds/sterling and there are excellent English speaking schools if you are relocating with your family.
We will help you with your relocation process about which you can read here: https://www.srgeurope.com/working-in-gibraltar/relocating-to-gibraltar.
Key skills: Actuary | Reserving | Pricing | Insurance | Personal Lines Reserving
More Jobs from SRGEurope
- System Administrator
- English Speaking Primary School Teacher
- Head of Compliance
- Claims Adjuster
- Customer Relations Officer
- Group Financial Controller
- Reconciliations Assistant
- Management Accountant
- Experienced Recruitment Resourcer
- Technology Director
- Data Engineer
- Customer Service Manager
- Senior User Researcher
- QA Analyst
- Senior PA
- Secondary School Teacher
- Primary School Teacher
- PHP Fullstack Developer
- TypeScript Developer
- Fullstack Developer