Highways Development Specialist
<p>The city of Manchester has ambitious and challenging future infrastructure development plans..
In light of the scale and ambition of these plans, investment and growth i the Highways Service is recruiting someone who can lead in the further development of a deliverable pipeline of projects for the next 5 to 10 years.<br />
Reporting to the Director of Highways you will be responsible for developing the strategic pipeline of works and investment strategy (including developing a plan to secure the necessary funding to deliver) over the next 10 years.
You will be responsible for strengthening and maintaining strategic partnerships with key partners, including Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM), Manchester Airport Group, Central Government, HS2 and the GMCA as the development of these strategic partnerships will be pivotal to the future success of the Highways Service and will enable strategic input to the development of innovation and the future highway and transport infrastructure in the City.
You will also need to continue to develop closer links with colleagues in the Strategic Development team to play a full and active part in realising the city’s growth, regeneration and place ambitions.<br />
The successful candidate will have significant experience of working with highway projects in a similar organisation and environment and you will be a professionally qualified Civil Engineer or have an equivalent qualification or be qualified by experience.
Managing a team of 2 senior engineers, you will have significant experience of programme planning and of developing investment models and financial plans.
With excellent communication skills you will have a track record of partnership working to deliver results.<br />
It's a great time to join the city at such an key moment as significant funding is expected to become available to transform infrastructure and play a part in helping our great city achieve its ambitions so if you are
More Jobs from Career Kinetics
- Electrical Technician
- Multiskilled Technician - UPVC Glazing/Carpentry
- Floor Layer - Multiskilled Technician
- Multiskilled Technician - Plumber
- Multiskilled Technician - Roofer
- Multiskilled Technician - Plasterer
- Multiskilled Technician (Carpenter)
- Multiskilled Technician - Bricklayer
- Aftercare Manager
- Night Residential Child Care Worker
- Learning Support Assistants
- Higher Level Teaching Assistants
- Asset Lease and Title Manager
- Fleet Co-ordinator
- IT Support Technician - 12 month FTC
- Asset Decarbonisation Manager
- Junior IT Service Desk Analyst
- Receptionist & Administrator - Lea Bridge House Hostel
- Senior IT Support Engineer
- QA and Software Tester